Custer churches to hold services
Published: Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Some Custer County churches will hold special services and programs in honor of Christmas. The churches holding special services are as follows:
• Crossroads Church: There will be a special Christmas service on Sunday, Dec. 22, at 9:45 a.m. There will also be a Christmas Eve service from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Custer Community Church United Church of Christ: There will be a Christmas Eve service at 5:30 p.m.
• Custer Lutheran Fellowship ELCA: There will be two services on Christmas Eve, beginning at 4 and 7 p.m.
• First Baptist Church: There will be a Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m. followed by caroling. A Christmas program will be held on Christmas Day.
• Living Outreach Church: There will be a Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m.
• Mountainview Baptist Church: Service on Christmas Eve will begin at 7 p.m. The children’s choir will sing and perform a special program that evening.
• Pringle United Methodist Church: Christmas services will be held Sunday, Dec. 29, at 9 a.m.
• Shepherd of the Hills: There will be a Christmas Day hymn and carol service at 10 a.m.
• St. John the Baptist Catholic Church: There will be Mass at 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve, as well as Mass on Christmas Day at 10:30 a.m.
• Vineyard Black Hills Christian Fellowship: There will be a candlelight service at the Naked Winery on Christmas Eve at 5 p.m.
• Our Savior’s Lutheran Church: At 5 p.m. on Dec. 24, Jingle Bell Christmas, a shorter worship service with jingle bells for the kids to play, will be held. The service will also include a puppet skit, Holy Communion continuous style and a candle-lighting service. At 7 p.m. a traditional Christmas Eve worship service will be held, also with Holy Communion and a candle-lighting.
• St. Michael’s Catholic Church: There will be a Christmas Eve Mass at 6 p.m. and a Christmas Day Mass at 9 a.m. There will also be a New Year’s Day Mass at 9 a.m. on Jan. 1.
• Cathedral of our Lady of Perpetual Help Church: There will be two Christmas Eve Masses, one at 4:30 p.m. for families with children and the second at 10 p.m. There will also be caroling before the second Mass at 9:30 p.m. On Christmas Day, there will be Mass at 8 and 10:30 a.m. There will also be a New Year’s Mass on New Year’s Eve at 5:30 p.m. and on New Year’s Day at 9 a.m.
Click Here To See More Stories Like This